Thursday, January 28, 2016

Brigit's Song


Here is a song I wrote for Brigit many years ago.
It is being sung by Siany, Elder High Priestess of DragonOak, 
my lovely hive in Wales.

Doesn't Siany have a gorgeous voice?
Those Welshies can sing!

Brigit's Song Link

Thank you, David Haigh, for making the video.

Below are the words. 
For years, I didn't feel comfortable sharing it. 
But Siany has convinced me others need to sing it, 
so here it is.

Please feel free to use this song in your own group 
or training materials, as long as you give me, 
Rowan of Oakmist, credit.

Brigit's Song
by Rowan of Oakmist

Brigit, give blessing
as we are dressing
these, thy candles, 
thy sacred light.
Brigit, so tenderly,
please remember me, 
in the deepest, darkest night.
Keep fire burning,
Year's Wheel turning.
Safety, to this home, I pray.
Brigit, oh Golden
Goddess of Olden,
Hear my prayer today.

Brigit, give blessing
as we are dressing 
these thy wells
thy sacred streams.
Brigit, so tenderly,
please remember me,
as to thee,
I honor bring.
Keep fire burning,
Year's Wheel turning.
Safety to this home, I pray.
Brigit, thou Golden
Goddess of Olden,
Hear my prayer today.

Brigit, thou Healer!
Goddess! Revealer!
Touch me with thy hand of pwer!
Brigit, so tenderly
please remember me
in my deepest, darkest hour.
Thy light surround me!
Thy love astound me!
Bless me Mother,
this I pray.
Brigit, thou Golden
Goddess of Olden,
Hear my prayer today!



No comments:

Post a Comment